Tuesday 10 January 2012

Happy new year!

It has been! I started off the year with the Cadbury Half marathon on the 8 January (quite under prepared, but I did it!) and my eating has been pretty good most days with the exception of New Years day!

I have renewed confidence and motivation in my ability to shake these 10kgs and improve my running and strength. I have revised my blog and taken out the "marathon" word for now. A marathon is not likely for me in 2012 due to niggling injuries. 2013 is much more realistic. So I have shelved it to concentrate on weight loss, core strength and nutrition for the first half of 2012. I will then lay some plans for the following 12 months.

My running will continue, I love it. Long run distances under 15km and short runs of 5-8km are much more suitable for me at this stage. I have realised that my body works best when I run every other day.

Cross training is an exciting addition for my routine. Swimming, tennis and strength work will be the focus on my non-running days. Lots of incidental exercise too...Santa still owes me a bike for Christmas!

Exciting times...2012 is going to be my year!

Awesome, Mon XX

No comments:

Post a Comment