Monday 19 March 2012

Devonport run and clean teeth

I forgot to mention my Run Devonport 10km effort yesterday. I clocked in at 59.15. Really disappointing since I was hoping for sub 57. There were a few factors I guess - the sun, it was quite warm on the road at 11am. I am used to running at 6-7am, so that was a bit of a shock to the system. I also went out too fast. My first 2 km was sub 4.8 (really fast for me), but I was feeling good at the time so I went with it. When I got to 8km I was spent, coupled with the heat, it was a disaster finish.

The wedding I had the night before probably didn't help either, damn you Jansz. Lots of excuses, I know. At the end of the day, I am racing against myself. I know I can do better. I can push myself  more. My overeating over the last few weeks has not helped. I know there is a correlation between BMI and running times. The more weight I lose (and fitter I get) the better my times will be, so simple.

I have the Run for the Kids on 1st April in Melbourne with my two sisters. It is 14.38km, I am aiming for a sub 1.30, realistic I think given the civilised 9:15am start time. My preparation has been solid, it is absolutely achievable. I just have to nail the nutrition over the next two weeks.

On another note, I felt like eating more after dinner tonight, nothing in particular, just something (snap goes the rubber band). I cleaned my teeth instead! I feel hungry now, but soda water will have to do. I will probably dream about breakfast. I have weights PT at 6am tomorrow, hope I get through without fainting from hunger. That would be embarrasing!

Night, Mons XX

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! I wouldn't be too disappointed about that time! You did a great job!
    Terra

    ReplyDelete