Monday 19 March 2012

Starting fresh on a Monday!

I have read lots of inspiring stuff over the weekend to get back on track - blogs, inspirational quotes, inspirational books (Michelle Bridges particularly!), Runners World magazine etc etc.

I have also talked to my husband about my inability to control my eating and why I do it, because it really is stupid. He suggested I purchase the book - The Happiness Trap. I bought it yesterday and intend to read it from tonight - will blog my findings.

I am also wearing a red rubber band on my wrist (another husband idea!). Each time I contemplate eating something I don't need or really shouldn't eat , I pull it back as a reminder to be mindful. Don't judge me, I am willing to try anything at this stage!

The day has started off well (I know it is only 10am!) I am determined. I CAN DO THIS!

Mons XX

4 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I have heard great things about "The Happiness Trap" and have been meaning to buy it for a couple of years now lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whirlsie! I too have been meaning to buy it for a while. The problem for me is I read at night before I go to sleep, usually something mindless. So the prospect of reading something about being mindful at that time may be a challenge!!

      Delete
  2. mindfulness, which is the basis of 'the happiness trap' is so useful in accepting stuff in our life and in our mind but not necessarily buying in on it - so go for it! I think you will find it really useful - i have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janie D. I am looking forward to reading it!

      Delete