Tuesday 13 August 2013

First day

My first day was...OK. Far from perfect, but acceptable. I am not going to beat myself up about it.

Breakfast wasn't enough and I was hungry from there on. I am up at 5:15am most mornings and that's when I work out, I have done for the last couple of years. I eat breakfast afterwards and I usually have a bigger breakfast. My portion sizes are out of whack, I know that, hence 12WBT. So I added a little bit extra muesli and milk to my breakfast yesterday.

Had my morning latte around 9am, a Baby Bel cheese at about 11am and was hanging out for lunch just before 12noon. I managed to stretch it out until 12:15pm and then I gobbled it down (really trying this mindful stuff, didn't work for me on this occasion). I didn't feel satisfied, so I had a mint, than another then a peppermint tea. Around 2pm I felt hungry again so I had a couple of almonds. I was still within my quota at this stage.

When I go home I felt REALLY hungry, almost a sick feeling. I had a few of light crackers and hummus and mineral water. I prepared dinner, my meat portion was bigger than was on the menu, but dinner was yum. I also had some of my son's roast pumpkin - he didn't eat it so I thought I shouldn't waste! Herbal tea at night and a square of dark chocolate.

Funny, I only used my mantra once.

Overall better than a pre new me day, but I didn't nail it. Today started off marginally better, breakfast didn't cut it again, so I increased slightly again. Hopefully that, with my latte that I am sipping on right now will keep me ok until my yummy lunch.

Mind over matter...how much do I want this???

Mons

No comments:

Post a Comment