Sunday 28 August 2011

First post (how original)

Well, I have never blogged before, but here it is, my first...

It is Sunday morning and I am just about to go for my long run (16.4km today) with the Melbourne Half Marathon training group. It is cold and rather wet and I am semi injured (mild achilles tendonitis) which means I have not run all week. I am going crazy here! Never thought running could be so addictive.

I have to do this. I have conned my two sisters to run it with me and I have paid for flights to Melbourne. Never thought I would continue through injury, was always a good excuse. Now, if I can only restrain from eating all day today after the run, that is the tough bit for me.

Wish me luck, hopefully I will be able to walk the next day and not have gorged myself.

Mons XX

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to following your progress! Your goals are an inspiration. I am about to embark on following the c25k program, my goal to jog the whole city to surf next year.

    ReplyDelete