Sunday 12 February 2012

Aaarrgghh - another injury???

So...the last two Sunday long runs (10km) at around the 9km mark my left knee feels sore, not right. So we have walked the last km. No problem. On Wednesday I did a 5km treadmill run and all was OK. This mornings long run my knee hurt at the 4.5km mark, we kept running a little longer. I couldn't do it so we ran/walked I couldn't do that either so we walked the rest of the way home (10km).

It feels fine now (when I'm not running). My problem is I am scared to go to the physio again in case they tell me I can't run. I know I have to go, just don't want to hear what I think I might hear.

My achilles tendonitis has settled. My left hip has been a bit achy and probably has something to do with it. I have been doing my exercises, could probably do more stretching & core. I will schedule that in this week. My husband is back today so getting to the gym will be easy.

This is when my eating needs to really on track. I am sitting here in the middle of planning my week. My meal plans will be slightly different. I like to eat the same breakfast (and lunches sometimes) most days, so I need to make sure they are healthy and within calorie quota. Same with my snacks.

Good luck to everyone else starting tomorrow...we CAN do this!

Cheers, Mons XX

No comments:

Post a Comment