Friday 10 February 2012

Sugar free = headache?

I think thats what it is. I woke up today and yesterday morning with a thumping headache! I am thinking it is from my drastic reduction in sugar. I purchased the Sarah Wilson's e-book I Quit Sugar and also bought the book Sweet Poison so I have cut sugar from my diet. From what I have read, headaches are a withdrawl symptom. I did take Panadol this morning because I am prone to migraines and I didn't want this headache to fester.

Apart from the headaches, I do feel better. Yesterday was the first day I really craved something sweet after lunch. I had a cup of green tea with mint instead. It didn't cut it, but it was something to take my mind off the sugar.
I would like to continue the entire 12WBT without sugar. White bread and pasta are also on my hit list. The reason for this focus is my body shape. I am what is called an "apple" shape - skinny legs and bum, big tummy and boobs. Apparently, cutting out such baddies helps us "apples" lose weight more effectively in the areas we need to - hopefully tummy and boobs!

Relatively easy so far, but it is early days. I have had no "red flag" days as yet. Weekends are also difficult for me (as they are with lots of others too I expect) so I have a tough few days ahead.

Am I up for it? HELL YEAH!!!

Cheers, Mons XX

No comments:

Post a Comment