Monday 6 February 2012

Back from holidays...

...and back into it! My weight has crept up slightly, but overall I am pretty happy. We went to the Sunshine coast for 10 days and it rained for 6 of those days - bummer. It was humid, but we still did lots of stuff! It was too hot/humid to run so I did a lot of walking to make up for the (slight) over indulging.

Went for a 9km (was supposed to be 12km!) yesterday, but ended up with a sore knee and didn't want to push it, particularly after I had not run in two weeks.

Really difficult to get up and motivated this morning. It was cold, rainy and it is getting dark again :( I did eventually get out of bed after pushing snooze 4 times. I did a couple of weight circuits which I don't normally do, but I figured running wasn't a good idea, I had a swim yesterday already and the weather was too crap to go for a walk. I was happy I had done something by the time I got home though, that is usually what gets me up in the morning in the first place.

I have registered for three runs over the next eight weeks - Launceston Womens 5km, Run Devonport 10km and the Run for the Kids Melbourne 14km. This will keep me focussed on my exercise plan. Weight training and core needed too.

Back on track with eating. Got to give up sugar again, its amazing how if creeps in and then you crave it and can't get enough. I did discover I may have a slight gluten intolerance after giving up bread for a couple of weeks and then having it again when we were on holidays. I didn't suffer from any tummy aches or any urgent need to go to the toilet while I was off bread, pasta and sugar. It is just a theory at the moment, we will see what happens in the next few days.

Tossing up whether to do the Michelle Brideges 12wbt. I am so organised ans i have taken all those great tips from the last two times that I think I may be able to go it alone. The downside is not having that support via the forums and all the reminders etc etc. I have followed the dates and done most of the pre-season tasks with the exception of the goals. My number 1 goal is to lose 10kg, but I want to look beyond that. Some soul searching over the next few days is required.

Dear bread...I will miss you :( 


Cheers, Mons XX

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhh...bread! Even that piccie made me drool. And the day 1 breakfast is berry bruchetta. That's just too cruel.
    I'd love to know what you'll replace it with, as I too feel lighter without a stomach full of bread.

    ReplyDelete