Sunday 18 September 2011

20km today and stuffed!

Was supposed to be 21.1km in preparation for the Melbourne Half Marathon on 9 October, but I was too stuffed to run the extra 1.1km. Bit sore & tired now, but all generally OK. Ran the 20km in 2.14. It felt really slow and heavy, particularly last few kms. I will be happy with a 2.15 or less for the Melb event, think it may be achievable if all goes well in the next 3 weeks.

Big test will be tomorrow when I get out of bed, my achilles will cane I am sure of that. Active recovery swim tomorrow morning will help a bit.

Didn't use my HRM as it gives me chaffing on my long runs, but I am thinking over 1000 calories considering what I burn on my short runs - 6.5km I burn about 450-500 calories, but I go faster on a short run.

I have also had an AWESOME weekend of eating. Weekends have been my downfall in the past, not this time! I did snack a little here and there to go slightly above calorie quota, a piece of raisin toast after my run with a smidge of butter this morning and two licorice (sp?) allsorts tonight.

Very proud of myself and pumped for next week. I was meant to do shopping today but didn't happen. Will organise tomorrow. I am already sorted for breakky and lunch tomorrow so no biggy.

Off to bed now to nurse my aching legs!

Mons X

1 comment: