Thursday 1 September 2011

Physio today and a hard slog 6.5km.

This morning was my 6.5km run, boy it was tough! Some mornings its a breeze (well, kind of) this morning I felt I had lead in my shoes. I did it, but not at the pace I should have. Could not seem to go past the 9.9 on the treadmill!

Second physio visit to deal with my (mild) achilles tendonitis. She suggested deep water running and trying not to heel strike. We have agreed that all is OK (well, kind of) I will see her again after the half marathon no point now while in training. Good news is I don't have to completely stop running after the half, just peg back my long runs under 10-12kms for a while. Thats cool with me.

We talked about my major goal of a full marathon http://www.goldcoastmarathon.com.au/ in June 2012 and she thinks that is a good timeframe to work with and totally achievable. NICE!

So, another 6.5km tomorrow, outside me thinks, that may perk me up a bit. So happy its spring :)

Mons X

No comments:

Post a Comment