Monday 19 September 2011

All good today

My achilles did not pull up nearly as sore as I expected today after my long run yesterday. Feeling pretty happy about that.

Went for an early swim this morning, I think it really helped with all over aches and pains. I think I must be quite tense around the shoulders when I run because I was really tight before the swim. Took a couple of extra magnesium supplements yesterday and today, it may have helped too.

Easy 6km tomorrow morning, I should manage that OK. Might go the great outdoors if the weather is OK. Purchased a foam roller today to loosen the calves to assist with the achilles as recommended by my physio, will give it a whirl when I get home tomorrow morning.

Eating has been great, although today for my afternoon snack I had an apple and it did not cut it so I had yogurt as well, went over on the quota by about 130 calories. I have also been having a sugar in my latte in the morning, just not the same without it!

Said NO to marble cake and cookies and cream slice today - go me! Also resisted a melting moment -my absolute favourite.

I have been slightly over 1200 calories most days so far. I need to reign that in ASAP.

Night, Mons X

P.S - saw this quote somewhere, love it:
"Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it." -Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment